Basics of Loan Qualification
CIF Loans are tailored to meet your needs. It’s our priority to give a realistic amount for a loan so it’s manageable for your church or ministry. With a ministry heart, we provide free consultative advice at any stage in your process.
The following is a summary of certain guidelines established by CIF for use in considering loan requests. The list below is not all-inclusive. The final determination of loan qualification is at CIF's discretion and detailed by your final loan documents.
To qualify for a loan, a church should:
- Have total debt service plus any rental payments not exceed 25% of the congregation’s general giving
- Have total outstanding loans not exceed 80% of the property value for loans of $300,000 or less, and 75% of the property value for loans over $300,000 [the value of the property in our loan to value calculation is the lower amount of 1) appraised value, or 2) purchase price (if to be purchased) plus improvement costs]
- Have an appraisal for loans over $300,000 prepared by a Certified Real Estate Appraiser [Loans to like-minded churches over $100,000 usually require a similar type of appraisal.]
- Be in existence for a minimum of 3 years
- Be incorporated
- Have a history of stable or increasing attendance and general giving over the past three years
- Be current on all its existing financial obligations
- Be an affiliated church or ministries with the EFCA or be like-minded church that agrees with the NAE Statement of Faith and does not have a denominational lender available
Request Loan Information